Source: GitHub Blog | Author: Erica Brescia
3 월 3 일에 처음 발표 된 이래로 COVID-19가 급격히 발전했습니다. 우리의 최우선 과제는 전례없는 상황을 통해 직원과 지역 사회를 지원하는 것 입니다. GitHub의 사명은 전 세계 소프트웨어를 구축 할 때 안전하게 협업하기 위해 신뢰할 수있는 플랫폼인 모든 개발자의 집이되는 것입니다. 따라서 우리는 직원들이 어디에 있든 안전하고 생산적이며 GitHub에있는 커뮤니티의 집이 안정적이고 탄력적인 상태를 유지할 수 있도록 추가 조치를 취했습니다.
We’re dedicated to protecting the health of our team so that we can continue to do our best work for the GitHub community.
- Remote work: While we’ve always had a largely remote workforce, over the past two weeks we’ve asked all employees who are normally in a GitHub office or coworking space to begin working from home, unless it’s essential that they’re in an office to do their jobs. We’re ensuring that all employees have the tools and equipment they need to be productive from home.
- Family leave: Our family leave policy will provide pay continuity for any employee who needs to take time off to care for children or other family members during school or dependent care closures.
- Travel: We’ve restricted all domestic and international business travel except trips that are critical to business continuity.
- Support for hourly workers: We’ll continue to pay hourly workers, such as the vendors who provide services in our offices, to support them during this period of reduced service.
We take our responsibility to our community seriously and have plans in place to ensure we can maintain essential staffing and business functions to be a source of stability to those who depend on us.
- Security and backups: Every line of code you entrust us with is stored on a minimum of six different servers, and additional off-site backups. Our data center infrastructure stores customer data in Tier 3+ sites and maintains hot-spare (at least N+1) redundancy for all storage and compute systems and full (2N or higher) redundancy for critical components. We maintain offsite operational run-books and an on-call rotation for all mission-critical services.
- Support: We’ll continue to provide support for all of our customers. Our Support Team is highly distributed around the world—more than 80 percent of the team works from home. This means we have the staff and flexibility to ensure continued 24×5 support for Enterprise Cloud, Server, and Dotcom customers, and 24×7 support for Premium customers.
We’re honored that some of the important work being done to help contain and mitigate COVID-19 is happening on GitHub, and we know that GitHub is essential to the business continuity plans of many of our global customers. We’re committed to prioritizing stability, health, and safety for our team and our community around the world.
We’re also committed to being a positive force for progress, and several teams are working to support key efforts around COVID-19. In the coming weeks, stay tuned for updates from our Social Impact Team’s Open Source for Good program and potential ways to get involved in their work with OSS projects and organizations in public health.